Wobbling over to the computer this morning (see previous post), I blearily tackled a problem that I had noticed the night before; a fat sidebar on the main page of this blog when rendered in IE 6, IE 7 and after I checked further, Opera 9.0 as well. Firefox rendered it correctly but I had learned quite awhile back that that didn’t mean the other browser(s) did the same (!!##$%^%%!!).
First I was afraid that I had messed up the WP databases but thankfully it was not so. A post that was still on the main page and hadn’t been moved off yet due to do additional posts was causing the problem. I got the idea while re-tagging a few more previous posts (a job that isn’t as simple as it seems but more on that later) and while checking my work by going through each single post that I had re-tagged, I found one single post that had the fat sidebar as well when all of the other single post pages were ok.
AH-HA! And does this single post still reside on the main page, I asked myself and lo and behold it did! So I simply loaded the offending post into the editor in the WP admin panel, saved without making any changes and viola! No more fat sidebar. Hooray for me and all that nonsense.
Actually it was quite a relief seeing how I had been mucking about with that marvelous UTW plugin and the Re-tag extension that works alongside of it. Thought I had inadvertently messed something up again I did.
And by the way, I’m really enjoying working with UTW now and the LetoPrime theme makes it all that much easier.
So that, along with the other stuff I mentioned in the previous post was what I accomplished while sitting at home today.
Oh yeah…and I wrote a couple of posts if you hadn’t noticed.